Tuesday, May 27, 2008

CITYTeens was a time that many of us shared together. We had our good times, we had our bad times. Some of us had a great CITYTeens experience, probably some bad and even for some a mixed one. Yes I know, many of you will tell me, "Charles, don't hang on to the past!" I know that we shouldn't. However, this is not all about hanging on to the past.

The thing is, we were all brought together for a REASON. No it wasn't a reason, such that we were supposed to stay together forever. No. We were brought together so that God could change each and everyone of our lives in some way or another.

Just look back, when were the times most of our lives actually changed? When did God really touch us and move us into serving Him? I really don't know about you, but for me, it was during CITYTeens.

It was the time I fell madly in love with Him, and wanted to change the world for Him(I still do:p)! All the things I did, I did trying to honour Him as much as I could. Yes I was over Zealous a lot of the time, nevertheless I was trying to do the right thing for Him! We all were in our own ways trying our best to serve Him in the ways we knew best.

No, we shouldn't worship the moment or the time or even the organisation. We should worship God! He was the one who brought us together so that we could fall in love with Him and allow Him to use us to touch each others lives:)! Its not something to be forgotten. Its a time we remember so that we can learn from the good things and the BAD!

We build a monument(Genesis 12:7), of our time there. So that we remember God's Greatness during that time, of how He touched and called us in each of our own special ways. That in itself is great, He didnt do it the same for everyone of us, He did it such that He touched and called everyone one of us in a special way.

I look back and now see that many things I did could have been done in a much better way. I don't look back at it in regret. No, I look back at it and learn from the many youthful mistakes I made and try my best to learn from it. Such that I may run the race in a better way.

Not only do I look back at the bad, I also look back and remember all the good times. All the laughter, all the friendships that grew during that period. I look at all the good things that God did through my life and remember how powerfully God can use me if only I give it all up to Him!

I'm not reviving this blog so that I can spend more time remembering the past, no I do it such that we can share our experiences, in doing so, letting go of pains and sharing our joys with each other! I do it such that we can share what God has done in our lives even after we left CITYTeens behind. I do it such that we can treasure our friendships together even now. I hope to see all of you here:)!

God bless,
Charles.

Labels: ,

home is HEAVEN-
10:41 AM

Links
link

prev posts-

tagboard

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
name

URL or email

messages(smilies)







Powered by Blogger

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com