Tuesday, November 02, 2004
Hey anonymous,
you said on 11/02/2004 on our tagboard:
"hi was at your CHurch last sunday and i just wanted to offer a friendly reminder that ministry is between you and God. One shudnt be forced to go up nor shud one go up purely to "act" holy. please do not be religious hypocrites. I feel ashamed that a church can actually be this way. I pray that those of you who know what I'm talking about will be able to walk with God on a more personal level rather than because of your friends. But nice blog anyway. I c u ppl r really fun!"
Thanks for the comments. Appreciate that you like the blog and that you think we are fun people. I'm sorry that you have developed such an impression of Cityteens after just one visit. Perhaps you could come back again sometime, I'm sure you wouldn't be ashamed of a Church that truly loves God, which I'm sure Cityteens does.
I understand what you are trying to say about "religious hypocrisy". Sometimes in our zeal to serve God in our human manner, we may forget that other people's relationships with God are between them and God and we have no right to judge them. In our focus on our own relationships with God we may even question others or condemn them. I think most of us have been guilty of this at some point or other. We may have told others that they have "backslidden" or that they "need" God, forgetting that we ourselves need God just as much and that we are just as human and imperfect. However, it is always good to realise just how human we are, as when we are weak is God truly strong.
Perhaps by what you are saying you are yourself passing judgement too quickly on Cityteens, I encourage you to come back again sometime and maybe what you see next time will change your mind about us. We have nothing to prove to man, and only God is our judge. I too pray that if ever any of us may fall into the trap of "acting" holy or of thinking ourselves "holier" than others that God will remind us that we are still very much His children; sinners redeemed by Christ.
Ben
home is HEAVEN-
9:27 PM