Monday, November 01, 2004
hey peeps!
This blog is a blog for everybody, and in order to keep it that way, it is essential that the content of the blog be moderated. Moderation ensures that nothing offensive or detrimental to the purpose of the blog is posted, and it also safeguards what could otherwise be potentially destructive to the blog itself(such as someone changing the password). Moreover, the logistics of having multiple people logging onto the blog at any one time is also inconceiveable. As such while we encourage all contribution, it is imprudent to release the password indiscriminately.
However we very much welcome your contibutions, so long as they are relevant, insightful, and constructive. That is, we welcome official announcements by ministry heads, consolidated prayer requests, new song lyrics by worship leaders, and any other comments by anyone else.
When I say comments, I
don't mean one liners like "hey [insert event here]
was [good/bad] ". Comments should be clear, relevant and be worthwhile reading. Anything else like "hey is there soccer this sunday?" can go on the tagboard. In addition comments should be edifying to the body, which rules out crude language, gossip, etc.
Example:
Person A posts:
"Hey guys, I think Speaker X was pretty good and I especially appreciated what X said about this aspect of our lives. I think it was extremely relevant and it really struck me and helped me to indentify with what X was talking about. To build on what X said, I feel that verses Y-Z of [book of the Bible] are also very striking."
To which Person B can reply:
"Hey Person A, although I agree with blah blah segment of X's sermon, I felt that what X said about other blah blah was somewhat misleading. Instead I feel that we should read [other book of Bible] to fully comprehend what X was trying to bring across to us. I hope this helps."
All contributions can be sent to proclaimmyname@hotmail.com and will be reviewed before posting. Please indicate the subject, and outline any other relevant information.
Please also remember to leave your name on the post unless anonymity is desired.
home is HEAVEN-
11:46 PM