Monday, December 06, 2004

Look. We set this blog up hoping to get everyone to contribute and as a platform for fellowship and growth. Its working but its been limited. I don't know how successful we have been. We have tried not to exclude anyone or to be elitist or clique-ish in anyway. COs that's exactly what we are fighting against. I don't know who reads this blog, but please listen to my words. You can read them now and deny that you ever read them, you can pretend you never came to this blog for whatever reasons. But listen to my exasperation and desperation.

Cityteens is a divided Church. It is a Church of divided purposes. A divided Church is not an effective Church. Paul dealt with this issue in his letters. I will not try to point fingers or make accusations as to the roots of this problem, but I WILL say that unless we unite and we strive to GROW toegether, Cityteens will remain divided and we will NEVER grow.

Some of you from all different factions of this divided Church have come to me and have said that your growth is stifled here in Cityteens. Some have cited YF as a better alternative, some have suggested changing Church. I ask you then, why bother thinking about it? If you cherish this Church which is very much YOUR place of growth so little, why think? Just switch Churches now. But remember, Cityteens is also GOD'S CHurch, it is also the place God has placed you in. This Church is as much your responsibility as it is the responsibility of the people in charge no matter how they may choose to discharge with that responsibility. And thus no matter how those in authority may use, misuse, or abuse the authority vested in them, it is the responsibility of us under that authority to respect it, and then to go to the aid of higher authorities. The highest authority of them all is God.

SO this is a cry for help, a plea for all of us, to unite. To unite as a Church, and to unite in prayer. A Church in prayer is to be reckoned with, and a Church united through prayer can then truly serve God's purpose. I feel that this isn't just my Church, it isn't just your Church, it isn't even just OUR Church as much as I would like it to be. This is God's Church. And we owe it to ourselves and to Him to honour Him and seek his guidance and help trhough prayer. The best that we can give of ourselves to Him is our all. I ask sincerely now that all of us find sometime, no matter what time of the day to pray for our Church. To pray against Earthly wisdom and control, and to pray for God's grace and will to be prevalent in this place. I ask us to pray for God to make this Church His own.


home is HEAVEN-
2:36 AM

Links
link

prev posts-

tagboard

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
name

URL or email

messages(smilies)







Powered by Blogger

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com